2018 : Small But Mighty
‘Small But Mighty’, the theme for 2018 was to remind MSMEs that they might be ’small’ but collectively they are ‘mighty’. The CONGRESS also encouraged MSMEs to embrace technologies since the world is evolving in the new digital era.
- Datuk Ar. Ooi Sian Hian, Executive Chairman, Ghee Hiang Manufacuring. Co Sdn Bhd
- Ch’ng Huch Theng, Executive Director, Ghee Hiang Manufacturing Co. Sdn Bhd
- Datuk Roger Wong, Founder & Managing Director, KGW Logistics (M) Sdn Bhd
- Mr Ramasamy K. Veeran, Founder & Managing Director, Merchantrade Asia Sdn Bhd
- Adrian Ng, Co-Founder & Group CEO, Mega Fortis (M) Sdn Bhd
- Zamri Bin Khamis, Manging Director & Group Chairman, Aero Line, Service Sdn Bhd
2017 : Collectivism: The New Economy
The MALAYSIA SME® Congress 2017 was all about reaching out to new markets through ‘sharing’. The theme, ‘ collectivism The New Economy’, was to enlighten MSMEs on the latest information on Digital Sharing Economy.
- Song Hock Koon, Director of eCommerce & Digital Free Trade Zone, Malaysia Digital Economy Croporation (MDEC)
- Datuk Seri Raymond Liew, Managing Partner, McMillan Woods
- Kuok Yew Chen, Partner, Christopher & Lee Ong
- Christopher Ong, Managing Director, DHL Express, Malaysia & Brunei
2016 : Active, Advance, Adventure
Active, Advance, Adventure, the theme for MALAYSIA SME® Congress 2016 was better known as the Triple A. The main message of this congress is about being creative, progressive and adventurous to grab attention of today’s consumers.
- Scott Kington, Co-Founder, BLUNT Umbrellas
- Raymond Yee, Managing Director, Crest Link Sdn Bhd
- Datuk Liew Bin, Founder and Chief Exectuive Officer, Bagman Corporation
2015 : Future Now
The 2015 Congress rotated around the theme, ‘Future Now!’. With the rapid evolution of marketing, geography is no longer a competitive advantage as business can be conducted with just a ‘click’ regardless of the location. Hence, the MALAYSIA SME® Congress 2015 enabled entrepreneurs to unleash and explore various marketing opportunities in the presence time with future strategies.
- Datuk Syed Jamarul Khan, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, Syed Group Companies, Syed Bukhara
- Merill J Fernando, Founder, Dilmah Tea
- Sunny Phang, Managing Director, Protect Print
2014 : Evolution
The theme ‘Evolution’ is all about coming together to celebrate MSMEs that have been involved in the nation’s economic growth as well as being the key pillars for long-term stability.
- Dr.Soraya Rahim Ismail, Founder & Managing Director, Boost Juice Malaysia & Singapore
- Mr.Johan Gorecki, CO-Founder, Skype, Founder & CEO , Globe Forum, Founder, Springfellow
- Mr. T.T, Teoh, Founder, Global Top Technologies (M) Sdn Bhd
2013 : Inspiring
The MALAYSIA SME® Congress 2013 was all about determination, courage and resilience. With the theme ‘Inspiring’, 2013 CONGRESS empowered MSMEs to chart a different entrepreneurial journey and rise to the top.
- Chris S. Thiagarajah, CEO, Skybus Ventures Sdn Bhd
- Datin Seri Tiara Jacquelina, Group President, Enfiniti Vision Media
- Irene Ang, Founder & CEO, FLY Entertainment Pte Ltd
- Datuk Alan Tong, Chairman, Bukit Kiara Properties Group
2012 : All SMEs Matter
‘All SMEs Matter’ says it all! The theme for the Congress in 2012 once again reminded MSMEs that with the MALAYSIA SME Media Group is all for MSMEs. The congress provided the ideal opportunity for MSMEs to conduct networking sessions which propelled them to take their businesses to a higher level.
- Bryan Loo, Managing Director, Loob Holdings Sdn Bhd (Chatime)
- Noraini Hj Ahmad, Chairman & Managing Director, Noraini Cookies Worldwide
- John William Savier, CEO, The Big Rajah Food Caterers
- Hendy Setiono, Founder & CEO, Kebab Turki Baba Rafi, Indonesia
2011 : It’s All About SMEs
The MALAYSIA SME® Congress 2011 shared the same theme as the previous congress, ‘It’s All About SMEs’. The 2011 Congress has a special place in the hearts of MSMEs as Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad was one of our distinguished MSME speakers.
- Harvinder Singh, Managing Director, Incontrol Tech Sdn Bhd
- Sirivat Varavetvuvithikun, Founder, Sirivat Sandwich, Thailand
- Michelle Lau, Founder & Managing Director, Cliff Ink Sdn Bhd
- Tun Dr.Mahathir Mohamed, Fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia, Founder of The Loaf
2010 : It’s All About SMEs
The MALAYSIA SME® Congress 2010, ‘It’s All About SMEs’, was the second congress held. The main objective of this congress was to provide a deeper understanding of MSMEs and their important role in our nation’s economy building.
- Davindra Singh Gendeh, CEO, DSEM Group of Companies
- Dr.K.H Wang, Group Executive Director, Smart Readers Worldwide
- Chuah Jern Ern, CEO, Advanz Fidelis
- Mohd Zafril bin Mohamed Zabidin, Group Executive Director, Hopetech Group of Companies
2009 : Overcoming Adversity: How SMEs Do It
The 2009 congress was the first ever long awaited inaugural MALAYSIA SME® Congress which resulted in great success. The main objective of the congress is to inspire and motivate SMEs to achieve greater heights while providing a perfect platform for them to network. The theme, Overcoming Adversity: How SMEs Do It, is of utmost relevance to MSMEs. Being the first of the congresses, MALAYSIA SME® Media Group has left a great positive mark on MSME calendar and the CONGRESS has certainly opened a new platform for MSMEs from around the country to learn, share and network.
- Mohamed Ali Noordin, Chief Executive Officer, ABX Corporation Sdn Bhd
- Jeffrey Soo, Managing Director, Fire Fighter Industry Sdn Bhd
- Michelle Hah, Managing Director, Fire Fighter Industry Sdn Bhd
- Dang Tai Luk, Managing Director, Bison Stores Sdn Bhd (myNEWS.com)
- Datin Dr.Clara Chee, Founder & Chairman, Clara International Beauty Group
- Raymond Chee, Manging Director, EMERGE Group
- Khoo Teng Guan, General Manager, Dell South Asia, Small & Medium Business
- Ng Wan Peng, Chief Operating Officer, Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC)